Dow Industrial Grade Glycol (Anti-Freeze)
The Packaged Chiller specified and built for your application has been designed to utilize a specific type of cooling media (glycol) mixed to a predetermined percentage blend for efficient operation.
Whether it is an Ethylene Glycol, or a Propylene Glycol mixture, the designed media type and percentage blend should not be changed unless approved by (JCY) the Chiller Manufacturer, as well as the Production / Process Equipment Manufacturer.
Download DOWFROST Heat Transfer Fluid Material Safety Data Sheet (PDF)
JCY can provide you with the appropriate system glycol in multiple quantity sizes and pre-mixed blends.
We offer Dow glycol products “Best in the market” industrial glycol, in the following quantities:
- 5 Gallon Pails
- 55 Gallon Drums
- 275 Gallon Totes
And tankers with 1,000+ (for larger jobs, and pumped in by large tanker pump system)
Following standard glycol blends (JCY) offers, but are not limited to:
- Pure Glycol (requires field dilution and mixing) “You’re better off buying it premixed”
- 50/50% Blend (Burst Protection down to -60F)
General Usage Glycol (Anti-Freeze)
Dowtherm SR-1 Ethylene Glycol Mixtures
This chiller system utilizes a “general usage” type of glycol where food and medical process cooling is not required. Ethylene Glycol is a general usage glycol similar to the glycol utilized in automobiles. Do not use automotive glycol in a chiller system. Automotive glycol contains silicone, which will settle out of the glycol over time and cling to the system pipes and chiller evaporator. Once the silicone has become attached to the pipes and evaporator, it now acts as an insulator and reduces the system efficiency by inhibiting proper heat transfer.
Dowtherm SR-1 is the Industrial Grade Ethylene Glycol that we specify for use in our chillers. The glycol is an ethylene glycol blend, without the silicone, and a full array of system corrosion and rust inhibitors. In short, it is designed and made specifically for chiller systems. It is available in a wide variety of blends, and we ship it to you pre-mixed with de-ionized water to minimize particles and contaminants found in standard city or well water. It is factory dyed “Pink” in color for ease of visual leak detection, and fluid identification.
Dowfrost Propylene Glycol Mixtures- Food / Medical Glycol (Anti-Freeze)
This chiller system utilizes a “food and medical” type of glycol where it is used to cool equipment utilized in a food manufacturing facility, or a medical manufacturing facility. This glycol may also be utilized in large volume systems where loss and containment is a concern. Propylene Glycol is not as efficient as Ethylene Glycol when it comes to heat transfer, but it has a much lower toxicity level than Ethylene Glycol. Dowfrost is the Industrial Grade Propylene Glycol that we specify for use in our chillers. The glycol is a propylene glycol blend, without the silicone, and a full array of system corrosion and rust inhibitors. In short, it is designed and made specifically for chiller systems. Dowfrost is available in a wide variety of blends, and we ship it to you pre-mixed with de-ionized water to minimize particles and contaminants found in standard city or well water. Dowfrost is clear in color from the production plant and is dyed “Blue” in color at our facility with an FDA approved dye for ease of visual leak detection, and fluid identification.
A system charged with glycol should never be diluted or major unit damage may occur. Should the solution be diluted, the refrigerant evaporator may freeze and rupture contaminating the entire refrigeration system and therefore requiring unit replacement.
For safe chiller operation and best results:
DO NOT OPERATE BELOW 50 DEGREES F WITHOUT ADDING GLYCOL
Walk in Cooler (s)
New and Reconditioned walk in coolers, walk in cooler panels, and refrigeration systems for walk in coolers.
Heat Exchangers (Plate and Frame)
Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers
- Heat Exchangers for indirect contact Process Cooling applications
- Heat Exchanger Cold Side = Chiller System Water or Glycol blend
- Heat Exchanger Warm Side = Manufacturing Process Media (fluid)
Heat Exchanger Applications
- Anodize Acid Solutions
- Hard Coat Acid Solutions
- E-Coat Paint Solutions
- Cutting Fluid (oil and water based)
- Hydraulic Fluids
- Food Manufacturing
- Dairy / Milk Cooling and Control
- City Water for Food Mixing (batter and dough)
- Fruit / Vegetable Juice and Oils
- Oil Extraction and Processing
- Chemical Plating
- Printing / Painting
- Printing Ink (production and manufacturing)
- Paint Manufacturing and Processing
Chiller System Glycol Filter Housings and Cartridges
- Industrial Glycol Filters
- Stainless Steel or Poly Construction
- Single or Multiple Filter Cartridge Vessels
- Bypass or In-Line Glycol Filtration
- Replacement Cartridges available
Air conditioning for spot cooling
We have several units for temporary air conditioning
Condenser Filter that uses Filter Media Pad
We fitler the air intake of our units, to prevent units from taking in foreign objects like:
- Cotton wood
Industrial Strength Rubber Hose and Connections
- Industrial Strength Hose
- Heavy duty, flexible hose. Used for temporary or permanent applications.
- EPDM Suction Hose – non-collapse construction (150 PSI)
- Designed for using Propylene and Ethylene Glycol blends
- Industrial Strength Hose Connectors
- Hose connections available in various types and styles
- Standard Cam-Lok fittings for quick connect and release
- Positive shut-off Quick-Couplers available for non-spill applications
- Hydraulic Compression fittings available in rigid and swivel NPT
We can also provide you with transformer, if chiller is different voltage than what you have.
These can either be permanent or rental transformers.